Friday, December 7, 2012

Waiting: December 7, 2012

Friday we arrived out at the LDB site to news that made us glad we weren't working out of McMurdo. Apparently, a clog had developed at the sewage treatment plant that meant that all of McMurdo's bathrooms were essentially shut down for several hours. Out at LDB, life continued unchanged.

For the second day in a row, we came out of our 11am weather briefing hopeful for a launch the next day and began to prepare for a 2am pickup from the dorm with a launch sometime in the morning. For the second straight day, later in the afternoon our hopes were dashed. This time, we spent most of the afternoon operating under the assumption that we'd be launching the next day, so we got everything basically prepared and ready to go.

Now we're back where we were yesterday. We'll have another weather/status briefing from CSBF at 11am Saturday morning, but even if the outlook is good you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment