Sunday, November 11, 2012

Monday, November 12, 2012

Just a quick update today, and then no update tomorrow, before a likely very long one on Wednesday when I return from snow school.

Monday morning, shortly after arriving at work, I got an email informing Kenichi and I that we would have a new third roommate waiting for us when we got back to town, but that he was only expected to stay a week. We returned to find another set of stuff in the room, but I haven't actually met him yet.

Today the blue foam insulation box for the second module got taken off and Frank, Sean and Dana started putting black plastic and mylar on it. We did more calibration runs, this time trying to see how much sources of electronic noise screwed things up. Richard moved the antennas around, ran the instrument on batteries and tried a few other things so we can see how much effect it all had. Tonight in McMurdo there's an event just for the scientists in town that I'll head over to in a little bit.

I also got an email telling me what I need to bring to snow school tomorrow--basically, every piece of warm clothing they issued me. Apparently we'll be inside for a couple of hours and then outside for the rest of the day/night. It's going to be cold, but hopefully it'll be interesting. I'll post a long post detailing what all we went through when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment